incl. VAT, plus shipping
Delivery Time 1 - 7 Business days
A very beautiful botanical press for pressing flowers and plants, elements and materials.
It really has the prettiest details.
Taller Silvestre's botanical press is handcrafted in their studio in Madrid using local materials, made by people they know.
The bases comes from Domingo's carpentry work in Baños de Río Tobía (La Rioja), whom they met in the summer of 2019 when they helped them to set up an installation they created as part of Bañarte's artistic encounter. They are made of poplar wood, which is the basis of wood production in this area of La Rioja, in the Najerilla basin.
To close it, two rubber bands are sewn one by one in Pilar's workshop. This method is very effective and easy to use.
All layers of the different cardboard and tissue paper come from the printing house of Elena & Manolo.
The botanical press consists of:
- Wooden base and lid and rubber bands.
- 8 different types of cardboard bases (double ribbed for better air circulation and technically recycled cardboard) to place different types of plants.
- 8 double sheets of tissue paper (one for each layer) of good grammage that absorbs the moisture of the flowers efficiently.
The set consists of:
- The Botanical Press
- Small bonsai scissors (left and right handed) to easily cut leaves and stems
- Tweezers to be able to pick up the smallest pieces and place them correctly on the surface.
The size of the botanical press is A5, so you can always carry it with you.
Supplied in a GOTS certified organic cotton bag.